NOTICE: Thank You Notes will also be required of all recipients of awards. This includes the Garden Barrels, still exhibits, best of class, scholarships, and any other presentation at the Awards Ceremony.
A list of this year’s buyers and their addresses
will be posted online and at Wright’s Feed Store by
Tuesday, May 27th.
All Thank you notes for the Auction and Awards must be received and approved on the two (2) consecutive Fridays (May 30st & June 6th, 2014) after the fair between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm @ Recreation Park. Failure to comply with the specified time, will result in the exhibitor being prohibited from participating in the fair next year and they will forfeit all monies greater than that of the support price.
THANK YOU NOTES FOR AUCTION BUYERS
Payment checks for the full purchase price of your animal will not be available unless a thank you note is presented by the exhibitor at the location indicated at the top of this page. Failure to perform this task in a satisfactory manner will result in the exhibitor being refused entry into next year’s fair.
Your note should thank your buyer(s) for supporting the Junior Livestock Auction and that you hope they will continue to support young people.
You can also tell them a little about yourself, such as your age and how long you have been active in 4-H or FFA and in the Fair and Auction. The buyers are all interested in the young people that they support during the year. A picture of you in uniform and your animal attached to a note card is mandatory this year. Sometimes buyers frame their thank you letters and put them on the wall of their office or home.
We hope that these reminders will inspire and encourage you to appreciate the actions of others which benefit yourselves.
- A thank you note must be written to each buyer of your animal. If 5 buyers get together to buy your animal, each of them deserves a separate letter.
- Thank you notes must include a picture of the exhibitor in their uniform with their animal or project. Photo must be 4x6 inch in size and attached to the thank you note.
- A note card must be used. It may be lined or unlined, but binder paper is not acceptable. The note itself should contain at least one paragraph and be easy to read. Sloppy letters and letters with misspellings will not be accepted and will be returned to the exhibitor for rewriting.
3. For exhibitors over age 12, notes must be 50 words minimum.
4. Thank you notes must be written in ink. For those with weak penmanship, erasable ink pens are acceptable. No typed or computer-written notes will be accepted.
5. The note must be enclosed in an UNSEALED, addressed and stamped envelope suitable for mailing. The Fair Board will not supply any materials for you to use.
6. The envelope must be addressed to the buyer, with the complete address.
7. The back of the envelope should have the lot number of the animal purchased and type of animal (sheep, hog, beef) or award it is being written for.